Monday, February 18, 2013

Some piecing, some quilting


Trying to clear the decks somewhat.  I made this geranium wallhanging last year, but never got around to quilting and binding it.  I finally got up the nerve!



And here is a perspective that shows a little more of the quilting.


And this is a table topper using the scrappy trip around the world method.  I used some "30's" prints that were gathering dust along with a white strip to liven it up a bit.


I used a meandering zig zag stitch which made the quilting a breeze!  This was definitely a "something from nothing" project-- and was finished the day after I started it  : )




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the finishes! Always good to get things done. I just love the geranium quilt -- and the quilting you did on those leaves is perfect. I'm so impressed by the way you work on your quilting. Clearly pays off!

    ReplyDelete